What is LinkedIn anyway?
“LinkedIn, what is it all about?” I hear this question all the time and LinkedIn is the Facebook of the Business World – sounds exciting huh!
You may be a LinkedIn Expert or you may have no experience of LinkedIn whatsoever. Either way please take 5 minutes out of your busy day and have a read of my Top 5 Tips to growing your Business on LinkedIn. You never know you might learn something new or it might refresh what you already knew!
Have you ever received an email from a familiar name asking you to ‘Join my network on LinkedIn’? This is simply an email from someone in your contacts list who is already registered on LinkedIn. It’s vital to keep in contact with people you know via this professional network as it promotes your professional profile online.
We know that in order to grow our businesses we need more leads, traffic and sales… right? And by utilising LinkedIn you can help grow your business! So here are my Top 5 Tips for utilising LinkedIn and growing your business:
- Complete your Profile… all of it! Zig Ziglar said ‘You can have everything you want in life, if you will just help other people get what they want in life’. We do this by telling people who we are, who we help and how we help them. By sharing our success stories we manage to reach more prospective customers.
- Connect with everyone! Don’t just connect with people you know personally, branch out and connect with more and more interesting people. By doing this we increase our opportunities.
- Endorse people! We all love to see a recommendation or testimonial. A great testimonial proves to others that we do what we say we do and we do it well! So, endorse people for the great work they do!
- Create your own special group! Target people who have your common interests. These people care about what you care about – communicate with them and update them your Business achievements or promotions.
- Optimise your profile! Just like Google Ad words for a website, make sure you use those key words and connect them to your profile. People are always searching for Experts or Consultants… by connecting these words to your profile you increase your opportunity to be found. This in turn will boost your LinkedIn ranking.
So, if you want to improve your leads, traffic and sales you need to increase your exposure and recognition. We can do this by growing a stronger network, so utilise LinkedIn and grow!
To the Novices: I hope this answers your LinkedIn question! Keep me posted on how you are finding LinkedIn.
And to the Experts: I hope you feel refreshed, but now please can you teach me something new about LinkedIn, send me your top tips? firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!
<< Back to main news page