office insurance made simple

There are 3 key areas you should insure under your office policy

  • Your premises and equipment
  • Your staff and any customers who visit your office
  • Protection of costs should you be unable to trade for a period of time

Office insurance packages are designed to take into account your specific industry risks.

Covering the above are standard in all office policies, with the insurance for staff, Employers’ Liability, being a legal requirement.

A standard office policy will provide you with the following:-

  • Employers’ Liability – a legal necessity if you have members of staff even if they are volunteers or freelance
  • Public Liability – to provide protection to you and your customers
  • Business Interruption – if you are unable to trade from your normal office due to the building becoming inaccessible, for example
  • Office contents – provides cover for the contents within your office

There is also the option to add things such as money cover, should you take cash as payment, and all risks so you can insure things such as laptops or phones that leave the office.

No two offices are the same and each has their own specific risks. Therefore, it is always useful to speak to an intermediary, such as ourselves, to make sure that you are insuring your risk correctly.

For further information on your Office Insurance please do not hesitate to contact me on