Holiday time is upon us and for those travelling abroad it is worth remembering why travel insurance can be vitally important. Accidents and incidents happen all the time, even when we are enjoying a well-earned break abroad.

Travel insurance is there to provide cover for

  • Cancellation
  • Medical Expenses
  • Personal Accident
  • Curtailment
  • Lost passport or tickets
  • Possessions and baggages
  • Money
  • Personal liability

But do you need insurance if you are travelling with Europe and have a EHIC?

The EHIC will give you access to the same level state-provided medical care as someone who is living in the country you are visiting. However, the level of care provided in that country may not be the same as that we receive in the UK. Also, that local system may mean that you have to pay for part of your bills.

Should you need to be repatriated back to the UK following a medical emergency, the EHIC will not cover these costs. Nor will it provide cover for any non-medical issues such as lost documents or stolen money.

At TI Accountancy, we are able to provide you fully comprehensive cover for any trips you make abroad. This includes some great features such as no upper age limit for short stay policies, £20,000,000 Emergency Medical cover and cancellation of up to £10,000 if required.

So if you would like a quote for short stay, an annual multi-trip policy or looking to the winter and require winter sports cover, please give me a call or email me at and I will be happy to help.