Flood risk doesn’t mean no insurance …..
BIBA launched a commercial insurance scheme 12 months ago, which includes flood cover to cater for risks in flood hit areas.
Even for some areas of the country that haven’t flooded, it is becoming more and more difficult for businesses to insure themselves if they are unlucky enough to be in an area that is seen as high risk from potential flooding. This scheme is available to those businesses also.
There are 3 specific products available:-
- Commercial Combined for manufacturing and distribution trades
- Retail, Office and Surgery packages
- Property Owners for individual and portfolio property investors
Each product has wordings that include loss damage and liabilities that you would expect from a standard comprehensive commercial policy.
Key benefits of the scheme are:-
- Recognition of flood resilience and resistance measures in pricing and terms
- Availability of optional additional policy covering high flood excesses
- Potential to consider resilient repairs as part of claims solution
- 24 hour 365 day property claims notification line
As mentioned above, the scheme includes an Excess Buy Back facility. Should a high flood excess apply, this can be insured for an additional premium.
TI Accountancy, through Ten Insurance Services, are members of BIBA meaning we have access to this scheme, should you require a quotation please do not hesitate to get in touch.
<< Back to main news page