Boo… it’s Tax Season!
As small business owners, contractors and directors of companies you will be aware of this wonderful Tax Season we currently find ourselves in. The team at TI Accountancy have been emailing you to keep reminding you of the online returns deadline… 31st January 2016.
In order to dodge a hefty fine we ensure all returns are filed on time! It was estimated that last year 890,00 people failed to submit their return on time and faced a fine of at least £100.
To bring some chuckles to your day I thought you might like to hear some of the funniest excuses given in order to avoid submitting tax returns…
• “My husband told me the deadline was the 31st March and I believed him.”
• “I’ve been far too busy touring the country on my unicycle, have you ever tried reading a map whilst on one of those?”
• “Our business doesn’t really do anything.”
• “My wife ran over my laptop.”
• “I had an argument with my beloved and went to Italy for 6 years.”
• “My tax papers were left in the shed and the mice ate them.”
• “I had a cold which took a really long time to go! Achoo!”
How funny! I hope you chuckled as much as we did.
Now then, what have we learnt today… remember to file your tax returns on time or you will incur a nasty fine!
Take care & speak soon,
TI Accountancy Tax Team
<< Back to main news page